Rostering refers to the provisioning of students, most likely from a School Information System or some sort of database, spreadsheet. Note that in many cases, you don't need to roster, you can also use code-based provisioning as shown in the next section.
Codes are a convenient way to link students to your courses (note: you will find more information on Courses in the Content section, but for now, suffice to say that courses are the digital mirror of your in-classroom course).
- If you haven't already registered in ClassroomAPP, go ahead and register (remember to enroll as Instructor)
- At the end of the registration process you will get a 5-digit code (note that you can also find/ delete this code under Codes -> Manage). Note: This code expires automatically after 2 weeks. You can generate as many codes as you need to.
- Ask your students to register too, and have them enter your code at the end of the registration process. They will get automatically added to your course
- Go to your Classroom panel or the Courses panel, and you can see the list of members of each or your courses
There are many ways to integrate with your SIS, and generally integration work is included in the licensing fees:
- Data push: Many SIS systems have the ability to securely send data over to a third-party servers. This is probably the easiest way for integration, as you can generate daily data dumps that we process automatically to update your student roster.
- Data pull: We can also log in (via LDAP, SSO etc.) to your SIS and do a data pull to roster students.
- Clever Sync: We can also pull data via Clever, however our experience is mixed.
As shown in the Logging In article, you can use many providers (Clever, Google, Microsoft or just your log in information) to log in.